Cold Applied Roadmarking
Road marking materials have traditionally been applied hot to the pavement surface as these products need high temperatures to become mobile. Whilst being very effective they do use larger quantities of energy to apply and also have potential safety risks associated with them, which need to be managed adequately.
Cold applied markings are formulations of road marking paints that have different methods of making them mobile, without the need for heating.
The benefits of cold applied markings are :
- Cold technology requires less energy and hydrocarbon consumption.
- Higher productivity levels are possible due to the reduced time spent heating and preparing
- Reduced CO2 emissions over conventional hot materials.
- Reduced safety and environmental risk with cold products.
- Less disruption to the public as road space occupancy can be reduced.
Ringway/Eurovia can offer:
- In-house manufacture of road marking products.
- A full contracting service in compliance with EN1436 standard, design and install supported by the Technical Consultancy
- International development resources for new products and services in road markings.