Our firm belief is that any injury or damage to health at work is preventable. To remind us of this, and bolster the safety culture we are fostering within Ringway/Eurovia, we have adopted Ten Safety Values.
1. All injuries can be prevented.
2. Everyone’s responsible for safety.
3. Safety is a condition of employment.
4. It’s no use wishing for the best. Safety needs training!
5. Never stop checking how you’re doing.
6. Everyone has the right to challenge anyone and expect action.
7. There are no minor injuries.
8. Workplace safety is only half the story.
9. Everyone is valuable.
10. Never think you can’t keep improving.
These values are shared and reinforced in a variety of ways from induction and other training through Toolbox Talks, the annual Ringway/Eurovia Safety Calendar, and various additional initiatives and events.
The road safety charity Brake is getting a cash boost from a local company’s campaign to improve the safety of its road workers.