Foambase is a high-quality highway material that delivers significant environmental and financial savings through cold recycling technology.
Cold-mixed and cold-laid, Foambase re-uses asphalt planings, crushed concrete and other ‘waste’ materials in premium bituminous mixtures. These replace hotmix base and binder course materials with no compromise in quality.
There are two grades of Foambase:
- structural grade, which has added cement and is used on carriageways; and
- storage grade, which has a 6-8 week shelf life and is typically used for footways and cyclepaths.
- Using foamed bitumen technology perfected over a decade of development, Foambase provides consistent quality and durability.
Foambase has many advantages:
- Halves the carbon emissions of conventional solutions
- Eliminates the need for virgin aggregates
- Its fully mobile mixing plant minimises truck movements, congestion and pollution
- Strength comparable to cement-bound materials but far more flexible
- Can be designed for most pavement engineering problems
- Can also re-use pulverised fuel ash and incinerator bottom ash
- A quality-controlled, reliable product
For further information please contact:
Ringway: +44 (0)1403 215800